...Dr. Karl Raible developed the first silica gel for protein stabilization of beer which was introduced to the brewing industry in 1961. In the same year a patent was applied for at the German Patent Office and granted with the German patent number 1160812. Similar patent applications then followed worldwide. Since then the practice of using silica gel in the process of stabilization has become established throughout the world.
The first protein stabilizer based on silicic acid was launched under the trade name STABIFIX by BRAUEREI-TECHNIK, Munich, which still remains one of the best-known suppliers of brewery silica gel the world over, and the name STABIFIX is often used as a synonym for brewery silica gel.
Since its foundation in 1961, innovation and quality improvement have been the major driving factors of Stabifix Brauerei-Technik KG. The utilisation of silica gel to adsorb haze-forming proteins to achieve long lasting shelf life is the frame work for further developments. In order to maintain the high standards, our Quality Management System according to DIN EN ISO 9001-2000 guarantees these objectives.
Stabifix provides the widest range of stabilization and clarification products that work for all brewing demands. Every single product is tailor-made for specific brewery applications. A vital advantage of the STABI-silica gel process is its effect as an adsorbing agent; no undefined reaction products remain in the beer.
Stabifix Brauerei-Technik GmbH & Co. KG offers you products from these product groups:
Machinery and Installations for Beverage Production (823)
Filtration and separation technology (214)
- Chemical-physical separation processes (20)
- Filter accessories: dosing and mixing equipment, conveying systems for filtering aids (25)
- Kieselguhr/ diatomaceous earth, stabilization agents and filter coatings (45)
- Flocculants, fining agents (10)
- Ancillary equipment, supplies and carbonation equipment (39)
- Miscellaneous filtration and separation technology (101)
- Filtration and separation technology (214)
- Operating and Laboratory Equipment, Process and Auxiliary Materials, Beer Refinement (699)