Stražaplastika d.d. has been operating as an independent company since 1st January, 1958. The initial stages of the company have started in the settings of the glass factory Vetropack Straža d.d., as part of the supplementary programme for bottle equipping – stoppers. The first location was also within the grounds of the glass factory Vetropack Straža.
The programme has gradually spread to the production of bakelite, to the programme of producing the lower parts of shoes, that is, the leather and shoe industry, to the covering of glass flagons with wicker and later on with plastic strips.
Some ten years after the establishment, the programme for the production of plastic transport packaging is introduced, which at the moment represents a substitute for the termination of the programme for covering of glass flagons with wicker. At the same time, in 1967, the company moves to the present location at Hum on Sutla named Dreža.
The production of microseparators began the following year. This was the start of the production programme connected with the storage battery industry, and in 1976 this programme was completed with the production of battery boxes and caps. The beginnings of production of blown and extruded products go into the year 1970, while the more significant growth of production, especially of plastic bottles, is achieved some ten years later.
By mid 1980s the two new lines for the production of microseparators are installed, which considerably increased the capacity and made this programme exceptionally important for the Company.
During the extremely difficult war years, the Company invests in the line, that is, in the plant facilities for the production and press of single-layered and multi-layered tubes, which only lately receive their true place on the market.
In almost 40 years of existence Stražaplastika d.d. operated independently in the period from 1958 to 1976, while from 1976 to 1990 it operated within the RO Straža the glass and plastics factory of the time, to reappear in 1990 as an independent business entity. This period from 1958 to 1992 is also the period of public ownership, while from 4 September 1992 it operates as a corporation.