BBULL TECHNOLOGY has developed the unique inspection system BBULL PROTECX which follows the special requirements of filling liquids and avoids disadvantages of other foreign body inspectors in the market.
The low density of liquids effects a sinking of foreign object to the bottle bottom. This area is very inhomogeneous when producing glass bottles as there are glass thickness variations. Additionally the curved bottle bottom disturbs a reliable inspection of smallest foreign bodies. With the patent pending mechanical assembly this restriction was solved extensively and thus allows inspection values which could not be realised earlier.
In BBULL PROTECX the bottles will be lifted from the conveyer and turned upside down by a PAXONA clamp-jaw conveyor. This ensures that the foreign body slides from the bottle bottom into the homogenous area of the bottle top. Two in 180° steps installed X-ray Modules radiate the bottle neck. The X-ray measurements will be analysed by the universal BBULL image processing software which detects the foreign objects reliably. After the image processing the bottles will be turned back to the bottom and returned to the conveyor. Defective bottles will be tracked through the machine and rejected on the conveyor by a BBULL rejection system.
The X-ray entries in BBULL PROTECX are produced by continuous radiating X-ray-sources which are installed in 180° steps. Selfdeveloped detector cells are used as receiver. The special system design for inspecting the headspace effects that the glass wall must be penetrated only once and thus radiation is decreased. Consequently low energetic components can be used leading to lower maintenance and spare parts costs. At the same time the product contamination is minimized. During engineering all relevant protection devices have been integrated into BBULL PROTECX.
The introduction of BBULL image processing technology with our self- developed pc-boards provides a reliable image processing even for ultimate performances. The fast and failure-free importation and composition of the single pictures permits enough time to the inspection software for processing necessary algorithms and providing highest inspection reliability.
Operation and adjustment is done on an external graphic touch screen. The operator interface is very simple and user friendly for fast adjustment and access to relevant data. Via service-menue the exact operation mode and co-operation of the single inspection tools can be verified and adjusted.
- reliable and robust engineering with PAXONA technology
- safe lifting and returning of the bottle onto the conveyor
- simple adjustment to different bottle formats by spindle
- low X-ray radiation for ultimate performances
- linear, low-cost detector cells
- cooling unit is included
- scalable system design for different line performances
- its modular design enables to integrate additional devices such as fill height and cap inspection and monitoring accordingly
- integrated tracking module
- minimum spare parts costs
- short-time changeovers / no parts necessary
- linear system design for easy integration into existing lines
- Interface for remote-control and maintenance by internet
- self-adjustment of inspection software by automatic contrast calibration
- continuous teach-in even during running process
- inspection of foreign bodies in filled and closed beverage bottles
- for one-way and returnable lines
- inspection of glass objects down to 2 mm diameter
- inspection of metal parts down to 1 mm in diameter
- inspection of plastic and rubber parts (depending on material)
- installation in single transport after the filler or pasteurizer