- Continuous, highly accurate adjustment of original gravity, alcohol and CO2 content
- Highly effi cient CO2 injector, low pressure drop, complete dissolving of CO2
- Highly precise dosing of deaerated water via two parallel control valves
- Optional in-line oxygen analyzer
- Hygienic design, full CIP capability
- Easy operation, low maintenance effort, long service life
- Fully automatic operation with standard PLC and touch panel
- Optional integration in process control system and remote maintenance
- Individually dimensioned and designed for each specific application
- Equipment and components according to customer specification
- Compact tubular-frame system (skid mounted)
The Blending and Carbonation System (BCS) continuously and highly accurately controls the original gravity, alcohol and CO2 content of beer by the precisely regulated blending of deaerated water and dosing of CO2. Optionally malt extract, hops extract, flavouring or syrup dosing can be integrated in the system.
The process is well established in the brewing industry for blending and carbonation wherever beer is brewed according to the high gravity process, the wort or alcohol content is exactly controlled, or for the production of beer mix drinks.
The system is characterized by highly accurate and reliable analyzers and precise control algorithms. The corosys CO2 gas injector splits the CO2 into very small bubbles and ensures dissolving.
The fl ow of beer and water is measured by electromagnetic flow meters at the inlet of the system. Two parallel control valves of different size adjust the flow of deaerated water as a percentage of the beer flow. The follow-on centrifugal pump pumps the beer through the carbonization to the BBT and at the same time mixes beer and water homogenously.
Afterwards CO2 is injected into the beer via the GDI gas injector developed by corosys. The gas injector splits the CO2 into very small bubbles and ensures that the CO2 completely dissolves in a very short time. This can be monitored by a sight glass situated at the outlet of the dissolving path.
Original gravity, alcohol and CO2 content are continuously measured in-line by the beer monitor at the outlet of the unit. The blending and carbonation ratios are continuously adjusted by a control algorithm. The unit can be controlled by a local PLC with a touch panel or by a process control system. Designed for high hygienic standards, all common cleaning agents in the brewing and beverage industry can be used for CIP cleaning.
- Capacity 50 to 1,500 hl/h
- Measuring range – original gravity 0 - 20 °P, +/- 0.05
- Measuring range – alcohol 0 - 10 % vol. , +/- 0.3
- Measuring range – CO2 0 - 10 g/l, +/- 0.1
- CO2 supply min. 6 barg / ≥ 99,98 % purity
Other products from
Blending and Carbonation System BCS is assigned to following product groups:
- Machinery and Installations for Beverage Production (823)
- Automation and IT (345)
- Operating and Laboratory Equipment, Process and Auxiliary Materials, Beer Refinement (699)