The compact and mobile Yeast-Booster provides reliable assistance by optimal re-activation and propagation of fermentation-yeast. For a good yeast propagation you need a controlled temperature, i.e. gentle heating / cooling, a careful nutrition management and an effective oxygenation of the yeast-cells along the duration of the process. All these are performed automatically by the Yeast-Booster.
In the start-phase, the water inside the tank of the Yeast-Booster will be heated up to 38,5°C (default). Upon reaching this temperature, the Yeast-Booster signals the next phase - adding yeast to the mixture. The first phase of propagation the yeast begins. The yeast will be circulated gently through a membrane pump to break up the lumps, and slowly cooled down to the target temperature. Oxygen will be added to the mixture during this circulation. Additionally, every 15 minutes the Yeast-Booster will draw fresh must from the target tank as nutrition for the yeast and adding to the mixture quantity in order to reach the desired mixture volume. This circulation and adding of must are done slowly, to avoid big temperature changes in the mixture and ensure cells health throughout the process. Once this phase is complete, the yeast mixture is pumped into the target tank. The Yeast-Booster is then ready to start another culture or launch the cleaning cycle.
The Yeast-Booster is run by a processor. All the required parameters can be set in the menu: start-temperature, target-temperature, start-content, target-content, timer. The menu language and the display lighting contrast can also be easily changed.
The Yeast-Booster is the ideal unit for wine, champagne and beer producers who are looking for a reliable and automatic assistant for an optimal yeast mixture. This not only saves time but also costs. Correct temperature control, lump-free mixing of the yeast culture and a controlled propagation phase with sufficient nutrition and oxygenation minimize ‘killing’ of yeast cells, and allows to use remarkably reduced amounts of yeast which results and saving costs. The optimal yeast propagation helps avoid stuck fermentation and reach optimal fermentation results.
The Yeast-Booster is available in three different models: The fully equipped Yeast-Booster PRO described above, the Yeast-Booster MAX (same as PRO, but for bigger quantities of yeast) and the compact version Yeast-Booster ECO for use with your own tank or reservoir.
Characteristics / Advantages
- Beginning of the fermentation with optimally revitalized yeast at the desired temperature
- Automatic process, saving work and time
- Less yeast needed, significantly reducing yeast-purchase costs
- Helps avoid stuck fermentations by good yeast preparation
- Secure, simple and easy-to-use automated device
- Including tank and cover; tank volume 110 l (PRO) / 450 L (MAX)
- For dry yeast activation up to 2kg yeast per batch (PRO / ECO) / up to 10kg yeast per batch (MAX)
- Electr. Connection: 230V / 1Ph / 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Standby mode: 0,2 kW
- Ferm mode: 0,7 kW
- Heating mode: 0,65 kW
- With single tube serving for pumping water and must in and out of the container, as well as pumping yeast mixture into the target tank and also cleansing at the end of the process