BECOGUR are high-quality, high-purity, filtration-active kieselguhrs for precoat filtration. BECOGUR is originated in America and mainly consist of the cylindrical/barrel-shaped freshwater diatom Melosira granulata. The benefits of this diatom lie in its three-dimensional shape, its tiny pores and its very high mechanical stability due to its barrel-shaped structure. BECOGUR is available in five grades that can tackle any filtration task.
- BECOGUR 100: Very fine kieselguhr providing maximum filtration efficiency for "polishing"
- BECOGUR 200: Fine kieselguhr with high filtration efficiency for fine filtration.
- BECOGUR 1200: Medium fine kieselguhr which offers both together, medium fine clarification characteristics and high throughput values, used therefore especially in the brewing industry.
- BECOGUR 3500: Coarse kieselguhr for clarifying liquids heavily loaded with turbidities.
- BECOGUR 4500: Very coarse kieselguhr for quick clarification of very turbid liquids.
Depending on the respective filtration application, it may be advantageous to mix different BECOGUR grades. Improved filtration performance can frequently be achieved by combination with other filter aids, e. g.
BECOLITE® (filtration perlite)
BECOCEL® (filter cellulose)
BECOFLOC® (filter additive for pre-coat filtration)
These expanded filter perlites are characterised by their high purity and different particle sizes. They are used for the precoat filtration of liquids.
- BECOLITE 3000: Fine filtration perlite for clarifying very turbid liquids.
- BECOLITE 5000: Medium-fine filtration perlite for high throughputs and good clarification of liquids heavily loaded with turbidities and for dehumidifying sludge.