Bürkert presents its latest transmitter with difficult sensortype
Ingelfingen, April 2010 - Bürkert is expanding its line of modular measuring instruments and analysis transmitters with versatile multiCELL transmitters/controllers and ELEMENT neutrino analysis transmitters for use with different sensor types. The modular transmitters can be adapted to different applications and used for measuring flow rate, pH, ORP or conductivity, for example.
The multiCELL multichannel transmitter/controller from Bürkert is a complete, highly versatile analysis measuring system for diverse areas of application, including water treatment, foodstuffs and pharmaceuticals. It consists of a full-featured basic modular unit whose functions can be individually enhanced as needed by adding hardware and software. The basic unit is already equipped with a large backlight display, user-friendly softkey controls, two digital and frequency inputs, direct connections for various sensor types, as well as two digital and two analogue outputs.
Depending on signal requirements, up to six pre-configured I/O boards can be added. Software packages can be installed for further enhancements of the transmitter functions. The advantage for users is that they pay only for the features that are actually needed. Since the multiCELL enables use of a standard transmitter type for different applications, such as analysis measuring technology for pH and conductivity, or flow rate measurement, the costs for employee training and warehousing of different variants are also reduced. The unit is ideal for multi-variable measurements in combination with multichannel control functions and use as a data logger.
New transmitter for the ELEMENT series
The ELEMENT concept from Bürkert combines controllers, valves and sensors in an attractive high-quality stainless steel housing with intelligent architecture. ELEMENT neutrino transmitters of the types 8202 (for pH or redox potential) and 8222 (for conductivity), high-performance yet economical versions without a display, provide an alternative to the ELEMENT transmitters with a display and keypad.
The new transmitters feature a patented variable electrical connection for pH electrodes. This makes it possible to use most pH electrodes with a 12 mm diameter and an S7 connection. Not only do users enjoy greater flexibility; a single standard transmitter can be used for all applications within the system. The option of selecting from three cell constants (0.01, 0.1 or 1) for measuring conductivity ensures maximum versatility when exchanging sensors, as well as adaptability to the required task. The advantages: reduced administrative requirements and costs and a longer life cycle.
An integrated pt1000 sensor allows integrated temperature compensation. The temperature value is provided as a second process variable in the unit, which can also be output as 4-20 mA signal. This eliminates the need for a separate temperature sensor, in addition to the separate costs of installation and operation.
Facts and data
multiCELL multichannel transmitter/controller
- Large graphic display with backlighting
- Mainboard with power supply, 2 digital inputs, 2 digital outputs and 2 analogue outputs
- Modular expansion with up to 6 I/O boards
- Flow rate measurement via pulse input
- Integrated temperature compensation for analytical measurements
- Integrated test function for all I/Os
- Storage of calibration and min/max values via SD card slot
- Multipoint data logger with storage on SD card
- Intuitive, user-friendly control via softkeys, like those on a cell phone
- Expansion through optional software packages
Dosing of chemicals
Concentration tables for selected fluids
ELEMENT neutrino transmitter
- Keys for selecting measuring method (pH, ORP or conductivity)
- Control by keys or multipoint switch
- LED status display for calibration processes, device status, warning and alarm
- Measuring range selection with 16-position multipoint switch and allocated ranges
- Calibration for pH, ORP and conductivity
- One-point and two-point calibration
- Stainless steel design matches other Bürkert ELEMENT products