The high speed keg lines model HS6T consist in three different stations for pre-washing, washing and filling, fed by a special keg introduction-ejection system and with a capacity of 250 kegs/h, each equipped with six heads that perform the same treatment on six kegs at the same time and complete with automatic dummy kegs.
The advantages in comparison with the traditional linear and rotating machines are evident:
- Optimization of the cycle times thanks to a fast loading/unloading system and a working cycle that does not require the keg to move from one head to another.
- Reduced wear and tear of the fitting gaskets and springs as pre-washing, washing and filling are carried out on 3 different heads.
- The limited number of valve opening strokes reduces the wear and tear of the head sliding guide and components.
- The time of contact with caustic solution and steam can be customized.
- Improved flexibility of the line thanks to the independence of each single head from all the others. A damaged or defective head can be excluded from operation while production continues on the others.
- A special coding system grants traceability on every single process section.
- The machine design makes cleaning, inspection and maintenance operations easier.
- The modular design of the machines allows for future enlargements of the plant with few modifications of the layout.
- The machine is much more reliable thanks to the choice of a static fluid distribution system and elimination of all rotating components.
- Improved flexibility of the washing and filling cycles, controlled by means of the HMI and no longer bound to the machine rotation.
- Subdivision of the plant in different sections so as to avoid stopping the whole line in case of failures or maintenance on a part of it.
- The special layout structure makes treatment of different types of keg/product/fitting at the same time possible.
The washing and filling heads stand out for their quick and easy changeover and maintenance and are designed to treat different types of fitting.
Number and type of seal gaskets on each head are extremely reduced and the special design of the head limits their wear and tear so much that they must be replaced only once a year; the whole operation takes just a few minutes.
The loss of product per head is minimum. The filling heads are provided with a foam/liquid detection probe and a sensor that checks the position of the rod so that it can be seen on the operator panel at any time.