By a combination of fluid density sensing and sound velocity measurement, the BEERMONITOR is used to determine alcohol and extract content. This allows calculating the degree of fermentation and the Original Gravity (OG) with extreme precision. For density measurement, the liquid flows through a U-shaped tube. While the tube is electronically excited to oscillate at resonance, the oscillation frequency is observed. Any change in the density has an impact on the detected signal and can thus be identified. At the same time the instrument measures the speed of a sound pulse between a transmitter and a receiver. The sound pulse is created by piezo-elements and moves perpendicular to the product flow. As a specific property of each liquid, the correlation between concentration and density resp. sound velocity can be described by a mathematical polynomial.
The BEERMONITOR is maintenance free and its compact design is a patent of Centec.
Other products from
BEERMONITOR is assigned to following product groups:
Machinery and Installations for Beverage Production (823)
- Machinery and installations for beer production (456)
- Machinery and installations for the production of non-alcoholic beverages and liquid dairy products (267)
- Filtration and separation technology (214)
- Heat exchangers and heat treatment systems (150)
- Machinery and Installations for Filling and Packaging Beverages (662)
Automation and IT (350)
- Process automation, control and control systems (255)
- Operating and Laboratory Equipment, Process and Auxiliary Materials, Beer Refinement (696)
- Installations for Energy, Compressed Air/Gases, Industrial Safety, Environmental Protection (249)