Due to the the four-eye-principle of the filter plate, this classical sheet filter obtains an optimal inflow behaviour and thereby ensures an efficient use of the filter sheets. The SF 400/600B is mainly used for the filtration of beer, wine and fruit juices – with filter sheet or as kieselguhr filtration.
The advantages of the sheet filter SF 400B and SF 600B:
- an excellent filtration result
- great flexibility due to a range of SF deep-bed filter sheets
- possibility of multi-stage filtration with diversion chamber
Similar to a filter press, a filter pack is arranged in a frame between a "fixed cover" and a "loose cover". Depending on the kind of filtration, this filter pack can consist of filter plates or a combination of plates and frames. Between the filter elements, filter sheets are inserted and tensioned together by the fixed cover and the loose cover. The fixed cover is connected by connecting and traction bars with the traverse; by a pressing device which is integrated in the traverse, the filter pack is pressed together with the filter sheets.
- plate formats 400 x 400 mm for SF 400B / 600 x 600 mm for SF 600B
- cantilever filter frame including spindle
- massive, fixed pressing covers
- fittings and drip tray in stainless steel
- movable on wheels or stationary on spherical caps
- standard material stainless steel SS 304
- however, also available in stainless steel SS 316L
Pressing device (hereto planned filtration scheme as graphics)
An increased pressing force is normally required for the filtration with counter-pressure. As alternative are available
- manual hydraulics that is mounted between spindle and the loose cover
- manual control wheel with integrated planetary gear
- or a motor hydraulics for pressing
With a diversion chamber or diversion plate, a multi-stage filtration is possible, e.g. kieselguhr and sterile filtration or clarifying and sterile filtration.