With the development of the STRASSBURGER MicroCross® system for the filtration of wine, fruit juice and vinegar, we have achieved the target of ensuring the maximum possible preservation of aroma, quality and characteristics of wine. The application of the MicroCross® system can thereby take place during various expansion stages.
Our SPS-controlled MicroCrosss® systems work fully automatically and convince by their simple and safe operation. No filter aids are required for this process – this saves costs and protects the envi-ronment. By backwashing and cleaning, the initial performance can be achieved again and again. In ultrafiltration, e.g. in the biopharmaceutical industry (e.g. concentration, fractionation of enzymes and vaccines or diafiltration) or environmental technology (sewage treatment) both hollow fibre and spiral wound modules are used.
The advantages of the MicroCross® systems:
- no filter aids required
- compactly designed systems
- increase in performance by "back wash"
- simple and safe operation
The MicroCross® system is available in various automation stages; in the automated versions, the operation is performed by a programmable logic controller from Siemens:
- fully automatic for the 24-hour operation with automated washing and cleaning intervals for large outputs
- available from 6 modules and more
- semi-automatic by manual selection of the individual process steps (which then are executed automatically)
- available from 4 modules and more
- manual for small filtration outputs for unattended operation, however, with valves to be ac-tuated manually.
- available from 2 modules on
High pressure version, also for the filtration of sparkling wine or carbonated wines, is possible, of course. The filtration is performed here at the pressurization level of the sparkling wine tank.