Decanters in breweries separate trub from the whirlpool underflow. In contrast to stick stack centrifuges, decanters are solid-orientated centrifuges. Therefore, they are able to treat suspensions with a high solids content and to dewater the separated solids to achieve high cake dryness.
The most important characteristics of the Flottweg decanter:
- Hygienic design and wear protection
- Continuous automatic process for optimized operating costs
- Low required space, especially in comparison to filters
- Automatic regulation via the Flottweg SIMP-DRIVE® provides dry solids and adjustment to varying operation conditions.
Breweries do not only produce beer…
Many breweries already profit from the advantages of biological wastewater treatment. Sewage sludge generated can be used for agricultural utilization, incineration, or landfill. Drier sludge after wastewater treatment results in lower costs for sewage sludge disposal regardless of the choice of waste removal.
Like in municipal purification plants, decanters offer many advantages in the purification plants of breweries.
Flottweg decanters for Purification Plants in Breweries:
- Lower space requirement and higher performance than filter presses
- Closed construction avoids odor emissions
- Easy handling and monitoring due to continuous and automatic operation
- 24 hours operation without personnel monitoring
- Low specific energy consumption
- Compared to traditional decanter centrifuges, the dewatered sewage is up to 10 % points drier with minimal use of flocculants. The dryness of the chamber filter presses with polymer conditioning is obtained and sometimes exceeded without the addition of lime.
- Consistently the same dryness of the dewatered sludge, even when inlet conditions vary