ECO2Brew is a groundbreaking new technology, specially designed to recover CO2 from the fermentation processes at breweries. Through water-free scrubbing, filtration and separation technology the recovered CO2 is purified to comply with the highest quality requirements in the market.
The water-free patented scrubbing technology was developed by Union a few years back and used in several plants, for example destilleries. However the rising focus on reduced carbon footprint and water and power savings gave the inspiration to transfer the technology to the brewing segment. And the technology has proven its true value.
100% water free gives the advantage of great saving of drinking water. As a rule of thumb the savings for a 1000 kg/h plant are approximately 4600 m3 drinking water per year.
The reduced power consumption is achieved by using the central refrigeration plant with higher COP-factor, and by using 3 stage floating controlled direct drive compressors. This increases the efficiency for each compressor, takes advantage of floating fermenter pressure and avoid frequent and costly start/stop and relief operation.
Higher recovery rate is another proven advantage from the plant at Carlsberg, Denmark. The increased amount of CO2 is obtained due to the recovery at a lower rawgas purity and to the highly automised process, offering the possibility to use the extra CO2 in soft drink or to sell to third part.
- 100% water free
- 20% reduced power consumption
- Simplified collection. Collect from fermenters at low CO2 purity
- Increased recovery rate
- Simple and compact design (Fewer components)
- 20% reduced levelised lifetime cost (LLC). Net present value of total cost per ton/CO2
- Less maintenance needed
Other products from
ECO2Brew is assigned to following product groups:
- Machinery and Installations for Beverage Production (825)
- Raw Materials and Drinks as Raw Materials (308)
- Installations for Energy, Compressed Air/Gases, Industrial Safety, Environmental Protection (246)