Americk Labels are the largest producer of HD flexographic reel fed labels in the UK, supplying into 16 countries in Europe, and more recently North Africa.
This has been achieved through the recognition of the change within the beverage industry to move from paper to reel fed OPP. The soft drinks industry has identified the benefits of reel fed OPP, which can be seen in the Water, Carbonated Drinks and Dairy markets; offering significant recycling benefits to both manufacturers, local authorities, and the end user.
Reasons to switch:
Both the soft drinks and dairy industries production environments are continually exposed to moist, wet conditions. OPP labelling is ideally suited as it is inert to moisture and therefore higher tensile strength results in faster application speeds eliminating web breaks.
The tensile strength of OPP allows thinner gage material to be used giving further cost savings and contributing towards sustainability objectives around weight reduction. An added bonus which is often overlooked is this results in more labels per standard reel size and therefore reducing change-over time.
We have the ability to provide you with a multitude of options to meet your specification such as:
- Choice to be supplied in either White, Clear or Metallised OPP
- Printing up to 10 colours
- Unique colour management system
- HD wide web flexo
Advantages of using reel-fed labels:
- Labels consistently run over 40,000 BPH and speed over 50,000 bph on the latest generation labellers
- Consistent application to bottle lines reduce glue usage of up to 80% versus standard cut and stack and help improve production efficiencies in ‘clean down’
- Substrates typically range from 29mu to 38mu