Fast and reliable detection of beer spoilage bacteria
VIT® Bier is the most frequently used fast bacteria detection system in breweries worldwide. Its specificity and reliability combined with its simple handling and outstanding analysis have established VIT® Bier's leading role.
VIT® Bier plus L. brevis unequivocally detects all members of beer-spoiling lactic acid bacteria including the most common Lactobacillus brevis in one test run.
In comparison with conventional methods VIT® Bier plus L. brevis allows time savings of four to five days It can be applied in all important stages of the brewing process: filtrate and non-filtrate area including yeast propagation.
The kit is an ideal complement to our VIT® Bier Megasphaera/Pectinatus.
The analysis is easy to conduct – only few minutes hands-on time. The results are provided within 3 hours. Evaluation is performed by using a fluorescence microscope. All essential consumables required for analyses are contained in the kit. Package size: 25 analyses.
Analysis can be performed with following samples:
- Isolates (directly)
- Liquid enrichments (directly)
- Beer and beer based drinks (short pre-enrichment)
- Hygienic samples (short pre-enrichment)
- detection of all members of beer-spoiling lactic acid bacteria and L. brevis in one single analysis
- detection of living bacteria exclusively
- fast detection
- highest specificity
- detection is based upon our reliable VIT® gene probe technology