The surface is prepared by milling or shotpeening. It is subsequently impregnated with synthetic resin and prepared for sealing with GFK. After the RS-GFK seals has hardened, RS shift-dredge cement, type RS KV-EP is applied in the appropriate thickness. The RS ceramic tile is now placed in position and subsequently grouted with RS joint cement.
RS ceramic tiles of high-quality stoneware – Made in Germany – with high-quality RS joint cement round off the product range.
Connection to walls and foundations can take place with either ceramic corner base plates or stainless steel corner profiles. This allows the use of a combination of materials in areas subject to impact stress, e.g. supports, door frames or thermal walls or the use of only stainless steel. The stainless steel corner profiles are also available with sealing flange. This allows the RS seal to be applied with a professional finish, e.g. to thermal walls.
There is also the option to use RS stainless steel plates which fit perfectly in the joint arrangements of the RS ceramic tile. These plates are used where high mechanical stresses can be expected through scratches or constant impacts, e.g. below valve assemblies with frequent changing of heavy-duty hose coupling connections, access ramps or ramp heads. The transitional areas to doors and high points as well as drainage connection points are lined with stainless steel profiles.
This reinstatement concept has been tested by the Polymer Institute in Flörsheim.
RS system flooring is ideal for subsequent alteration and upgrading to comply with the Water Resources Act.
Advantages of RS system flooring:
- Suitable for sealing existing flooring.
- Low construction thickness of about 23 mm.
- High strength.
- High compressive strength.
- High chemical resistance.
- Compliant with Water Resources Act.
- Electrical conductivity is possible.
- Individual drainage arrangement.
- Individual gradient arrangement.
- Colour scheme.
- Slip resistance according to BGR 181.
- Suitable for use on existing floor coverings.
- In most cases, production facilities do not need to be moved or can be placed on flat stainless steel elements.
- The entire plant can be brought to the existing level again.