The production of beverages from raw materials to the finished ready to bottle product requires several processes. Often these processes have to be performed in a specific sequence. As some of the processes are complex and time consuming, production methods typically rely on batch manufacturing. Traditionally this complexity has ruled out the use of continuous production. Miteco technology offers all advantages of continuous production.
Continuous production cannot easily be achieved if certain materials have to be agitated in a vessel for a longer period of time, for example until the solution of a solid like sugar is completed or “hard to wet” powders such as gums are dissolved.
Although batch production certainly works well in some applications, it usually comes with some disadvantages:
- Batch sizes or volumes are restricted, and in some cases the equipment does not allow for much variation in the filling of vessels without compromising the process.
- Buffer or balance tanks are required to achieve high process and production plant utilisation. These tanks occupy valuable space and incur extra capital and revenue costs.
- Different processes have a range of cycle times, the management of the overall beverage manufacture can be demanding, often leading to quality issues.
- Batch processes usually call for a time consuming and costly cleaning or rinsing cycle after each batch.
- Filling and emptying of tanks also add to non-productive times.
- Batch processes often include manual operation, which can be an additional source of variation or error.
Most industries strive to establish continuous manufacturing processes to maximise the utilisation of production equipment and the output. In addition the quality of manufactured product is paramount.
Utilising our unique Radial Jet Mixer® and Coaxial Injector® coupled with associated equipment we have achieved unparalleled performance in continuous production.
Miteco has been the pioneer of continuous beverage production for many years using techniques that achieve excellent results in a fraction of the traditional time. The equipment design is fully scalable allowing a range from small laboratory to full industrial scale installations. The unique continuous mixing processes overcome the batch issues detailed above.
We recognise that every application is different and that it is perfectly sound to use Miteco mixing technology in batch processes, benefiting from the extraordinary performance and process stability. However, to achieve the ultimate in performance, consistency and product quality Miteco continuous production equipment is unparalleled.