The module can work in 3 ways: Optical Character Reading (OCR), Optical Character Verification (OCV) and Optical Presence Detection (OPD). With OCR the code is interpreted (“read”) character by character and the output is a string. This string is compared with the expected string and if they are the same the code is ok, otherwise not. With OCV the bitmap of the code is compared (by template matching) with the expected bitmap of the expected code. If they are the same (within some tolerance) the code is ok, if there is a significant difference the code is not ok. With OPD the system is not referring to an expected code. It recognizes if any code is present on the expected location.
Optimal production efficiency is guaranteed because there are no moving parts and there is no product handling. Products can be inspected with a random orientation on the production line.
- Simple installation in the line
- Easy maintenance, because of no moving parts
- Random product orientation possible
- Compact system
- Standard configuration
- High Speed (<60.000 units/hour)
- Low cost of ownership
- Reliable inspection
- Modular set-up, part of Basic Scout family: easy to combine multiple modules in one system
- Mix-up detection
- 360˚ Label & Decoration inspection
- Closure inspection
- Empty bottle inspections (neck finish, bottom, sidewall)
- Box & Crate inspections