The PET Bottle Burst Tester PBBT-2 is designed for to monitor the resistance to expansion and explosion of PET bottles, in accordance with the three international test methods which are commonly used.
The empty bottle is either manually or automatically inserted, the innovative auto clamping system automatically fixes the bottle. After selecting the test program, the cycle will start automatically depending on the settings. The touch screen displays the pressure value in real time and records the maximum pressure and burst pressure.
- 3 international test mehtods are available
- PLC integrated & touch screen control
- Innovative automatic clamping and filling system, suitable for all kind of bottles
- Storage of 10 operators and 30 products
- User defined product lot number and sequence number
- Display of curves of pressure and volume expansion during the test
- Monitoring and recording of the temperature of water during the test
- Applicable up to 2.5 L bottle (bigger sizes optional)
- Stainless steel design, ensures the durability of tester
- RS232C data output, connectivity to either printer or software
- Integrated calibration function
- LINEARIZED pressurizing process!
Modes in detail:
Fill ramp mode
The filling ramp mode is designed to simulate the situation of filling lines of PET bottles. PET bottles are pressurized rapidly to the initially preset pressure and maintained for a given time (for example 13 seconds). Then continue to increase the pressure with a speed of 0.1 bar/secs until the burst of the bottle, or reaching the max pressure or volume. Preset parameter include: initial screening pressure, maximum pressure, and expansion of volume limit.
Under this mode, PET bottle will be pressurized rapidly to the initially preset pressure and maintained for a predefined period.
User is able to create the pressure curve to meet the particular conditions of control. Users can define the pressure curve by steps, after the adjustment is made, the corresponding curve will be displayed on the user interface.
The optional water recycling system saves water and avoids fluctuating tap water pressure influencing the testing. Additional pressure booster could be chosen, it frees the PBBT-2 of high pressure supply. AT2E QualiBurst professional data analyzing software is available for capturing the real-time pressure, expansion rate and temperature and display the real-time date curve.